Tuesday, November 8, 2011

West Caldwell fires football coach Randy Baldwin

West Caldwell High School has relieved football head coach Randy Baldwin from his coaching duties effective immediately. Baldwin served as the head coach of the Warrior football program for two seasons.

West Caldwell was 0-11 this season and was 4-7 last season. The school has a 12-game losing streak.

The search will start immediately for the new football coach.

Quote from West Caldwell High School Principal Jeff Link:

“I appreciate Coach Baldwin’s efforts during the last two seasons for West Caldwell High School. It is never an easy decision when deciding to make a coaching change. However, I feel that making a change is necessary and what is best for West Caldwell High School and its football program at this time.”

-- West Caldwell media release

4 comments:

formerwestfan said...

Link, say what you really mean....I have a group of buddies that I want to run everything at West. You have no idea what you are doing. Did you forget that it was not your intelligence but the effort of Coach Randy and others that got you your job at West. Your sorry and I will be moving my Children else where. You have NO backbone and I do not want my kids learning what you are teaching. You are an joke as well as McMasters. I will come back to bite you. Just wait and see.

formerwestfan said...

Link, say what you really mean....I have a group of buddies that I want to run everything at West. You have no idea what you are doing. Did you forget that it was not your intelligence but the effort of Coach Randy and others that got you your job at West. Your sorry and I will be moving my Children elsewhere. You have NO backbone and I do not want my kids learning what you are teaching. You are an joke as well as McMasters. It will come back to bite you. Just wait and see.

Anonymous said...

What's best for West is for you and McMasters to get the heck out of town. McMacters you stated you a former alumni. Your a embarrasment, plain and simple.

Jonathan said...

Last year featured so much promise for West. A rash of injuries, losing their best player in their first game, injury after injury...I hate it for Coach Baldwin. I went to Hibriten when he came there. I saw him change a team from the state's biggest loser to a playoff team. It's a shame he hasn't had a chance to do it at any other school.
Don't get me wrong- I love the fact that Hibriten has won 9 in a row against their "Black & Blue" rival. But I do hope they can get to a competitive point again.